Followers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why aren’t all psychics billionaires?

As I was driving to work the other day listening to a psychic on the radio, the question came to mind, why aren’t all psychics billionaires? If you discovered you had the ability to see into the future would you not mortgage the home, head straight for Vegas and put it all on black, unless the powers were telling you red. None the less they would tell you and you would soon be in the money. Certainly there are no signs in Vegas stating, “No psychics allowed”. Why don’t we see more psychics who are professional athletes? Certainly this would be a great advantage to know beforehand what the other team is going to do.

All this reminds me of a sign I saw in a beater car driving down the freeway which read, “Want to make $100,000 in a week working from home?” No thanks, I will slave away from home making less than a $100,000 a year. For a split second there was hope but to my previous observation, he was driving a beater. Unless this guy is driving a Ferrari I’m not listening.

I have heard it said of me that I am a father. It is true I have fathered three beautiful children. But am I a father? This question would be best asked to my children. Don’t ask them now there are still some things I’m working on. There is nothing greater that I can achieve in life than to reach status of father. Father meaning, spending time with my children because I want to see them smile and loving them to the degree of not worrying about myself but only worrying about their needs and wants. I hope that one day each one of my kids will come up to me with a warm smile and say “I love you dad”.(dad is another word for father)

We all assume titles in life. There are also titles that we are striving to achieve. May we have the wisdom to want the important ones, and may we have the courage to really be who we claim to be.

No comments: