Followers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Goodness

His character to me is a mystery. There is no fear or sense of obligation that binds Him. He is bound by what He feels. He feels the desire to do good continually.

I am bound by a lack of money, fear of consequences, probably some stupidity, and yes, a desire to be good. What if all of a sudden I was a genius, a rich genius? What would I do with all those choices? Certainly I would choose a Range Rover, but would it stop there? Not sure, that’s the scary part.

Tonight I found some hope.

As I watched Jakey drift off to sleep there was for a moment when goodness seemed not so mysterious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled on to this. Thanks so much for your openness. It made a difference for me this morning.

Anonymous said...

you need to keep blogging, you've really affected my life for the better. Goodness should not be so mysterious to us. we just need to be grateful for what god has given us and not try to change or improve it.

Leadershipblogspot said...

I love the way you write truth. Express your feelings paints quite a picture. Thank You