Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer and Time

Tonight there’s a smell of summer in the air as well as the scent of time marching forward. Out the window I hear crickets singing their songs of summers gone by.

This evening in the summer grass, next to Jakey and my grandpa, I caught an interesting glimpse of time. What different perspectives of time we share. For Jakey time is frozen. He does not comprehend it, especially when I tell him we will go golfing in a couple of days. For me I wish too much to have it back. For my grandpa he wishes for more as he fights his battle with cancer. I vote for Jakey’s perspective. We certainly can’t bring time back, and we never know what tomorrow will bring, but tonight under the first summer sky there was me, Jakey and grandpa, and it was, for a moment, as if time stood still.