Followers

Friday, April 9, 2010

I Want To Be More Like Jakey

In a pool full of people there was Jakey swimming around in his Spider Man suit. He wasn't worried if he looked cool for all the other kids. He didn't care what anyone else might be thinking. He was just so happy that he had his Spider Man suit so he could finally swim without sinking.

Where do we get so messed up along the way? When do we start caring so much about what others think of us? We let fear of others take away opportunities to enjoy and experience. What wisdom it is the words, "...and become as little children...".

Jakey, I hope that in my lifetime I can achieve just a small portion of the innocence that you displayed today. You truly are my Super Hero.

4 comments:

Kylee Darais said...

I love little Jakey SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd Family said...

The world would be a much better place if everyone was a little more like Jakey. The picture is priceless.

Gary Habing said...

Dear Danny,
I read your intire blog today and find your ability to express your thoughts very easy reading. I do wish I had the confidence in doing the same with my thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I am going to steal your thoughts on depression and what you learned thereby, but not without giving you full credits. I wish to share them with others in my own family and Ward whenever the occasion presents itself. Your challenges in life feel so much more greater than mine, but your feelings of fatherhood and the importance thereof are the same for me and probably all men not prone to evil doing. I see you still are not going to bed early enough from the times given for you postings. What about the days when you are not writing in your blog are you still up as late? I find the summer harder to retire early than in the winter. I do not use the snooze button I just listen to the news repeat itself before I make it out of bed, most times.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU JAKEY!!! <3


Love your sissy abby :)